Saturday 12 May 2012

Ice cream and crushed Oreos

Ice cream and crushed oreos... that was my breakfast today.  I had a craving for an oreo cookie when I woke up this morning, which led to hmm... lets add ice cream lol.

Anyways today is 8DPO an my temp today was 98.5.  FF gave me an unfilled circle today as i took my temp around 8am instead of the normal 6:50 ish.  DH is away this weekend to visit his family and I am stayed back since my mom is here visiting.  She is staying at my sister's house this weekend so i have a free day today to just relax.  Right now I am catching up on my recorded birthing shows.  I will try to have a nap in a few hours then head out to see my family.  Tomorrow will be 9DPO and Mothers day, i would love to take a test tomorrow because I am so impatient. Part of me thinks that my delay in ovulation until DH was home was a sign that this cycle it was meant to happen.  I am trying to figure out what a "twinge" is.  I have been feeling this pulling feeling on my right side.  Not like a period cramp, but more like a pulling/stretching.

So my mom is here visiting for a couple weeks, and my sister (she knows that we are TTC) has been telling my mom no to come here and that she has to stay at my sister's house.  Well I found out today that my mom mentioned staying at my house for a weekend and my sister told her that we were TTC so she couldn't stay here. lol.  I found this out after my mom asked me if I wanted to go to my cousins house for dinner, which was a tuna casserole.  I dont know if anyone else TTC is avoiding fish and tuna, but I am.  So i told her that I couldn't make it because I was sick.  My mom asked if everything was okay and I was getting tongue tied and said ya I am fine I just was up all night with an upset stomach i ate a bag a chips last night that made my stomach upset.  Total lie.  And it got worse from there, lol.  So i had to tell her why i didn't want tuna because she's my mom and I havent seen her much since she has been her.  That is when she told me that she knew.  Her response to me not wanting tuna because we were in the 2WW was a big laugh, lol.  She went on to tell me that she had no problems getting pregnant, nor did my sister.  It happened right away for her.  I have an older sister, and had an older brother.

Get this... my brother was born June 3, 1986 and passed away(SIDS :(  ) September 3, 1986. (i think that was the date, if not close to it).  My parents way of coping with the death of their child was to plan for another one right away.  9 months later my due date was June 3, 1987, and they thought I was a boy.  Sure enough was born one week late (and a girl).  Long story short, both my sister and my mom  can apparently get pregnant very easily.  I hope that I am the same way.  I do not know too much about DH's family history with babies other than twins run in his family, and his brother has 3 kids (all within years).

Wow this is my longest blog post ever.  I am praying for that BFP this week.  If not this week then 4-5 weeks from now.

2 comments:

  1. That temp is looking better. That dip could well have been implantation. :-)

    Why avoiding fish? Even in pregancy fish is fine so long as it is thoroughly cooked. Tuna casserole will be well and truly done.

    Now unfortunately, fertility is not one of those things which necessarily run in the family. Both my sister and I were accidents. My sister fell pregnant with her eldest son while on the pill. I am not that fertile. It took us a year plus fertility treatment to get there. Hopefully, you'll be like the bulk of the world and it will literally just happen. :-)

    You can have a go at 9DPO but mayyy be a little early. 10/11DPO is more likely time to show. Good luck!! :-DDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove oreos and ice cream!

    My mom said the same kind of thing to me when I expressed that I was concerned that once I want to get pregnant I may not be able to (I haven't told her that we are TTC but last year mentioned general timing, so that's how it came up). It didn't make me feel any better because I want to be able to do the same. That said, I have countless friends/aunts/in-laws etc. who were successful on their first try (or so they say, at least!) so there is definitely hope that you might too!!

    ReplyDelete