Friday 25 May 2012

CD 8 - Let the SMEP begin!

Today is CD 8, first day of our SMEPing plan.  I also started using my OPK this morning as well since I have quite a few of them.  There was a faint line there, but negative for sure.  I am hoping that I ovulate a little earlier this cycle, maybe around CD 15ish, because I am impatient lol.  Found out today that DH is heading back overseas for work on June 19.  So we will definitely get to go through this whole cycle together.  Tonight when we BD we tried preseed for the first time... I am not sure if we are fans of it.  I do not think we needed it, but I wanted to try it anyways.  I used only a very little amount but it felt weird down there as if I used too much.  I have not had any EWCM so far this cycle so I am not in my fertile days I know that much, but practice makes perfect right? lol. I find it very odd that we are planning and scheduling sex according to my cycle, but we are willing to try the SMEP this cycle so we will see how it goes.

I wanted to track my CP everyday of this cycle but I find it so hard to tell recently.  I have not been adding it to FF as it feels like it is all over the place each day.  Temping I have been doing, most days.  I do find temping a little stressful though.  When I am sleeping I find myself looking at the clock every few hours so that I dont miss 6:50 when my alarm goes off and it's time to take my temp. I think that most stressful part is knowing that I have to have a solid 3 hour sleep before taking my temp.  I have not been sleeping well at night for the past few months.  I think since I stopped working out.  Sports are picking up now so I hope I can start to sleep well at night again.

On another note, I finished my first bottle of prenatal vitamins (100 pills) this week, so I hope that means that my body is ready for a baby now :)

3 comments:

  1. Get it girl!!! We plan on SMEP-ing next cycle as well {if this cycle doesn't result in a BFP}. Best of luck! We were also going to try pre-seed but I have heard to use VERY LITTLE as it goes a long way! Haha. FX for you!

    ::BABY DUST::

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was stressed out about temping at first too but have since relaxed. I think sleep is more important than temping so I decided not to set an alarm. Instead, the first time I wake up when it is getting to be morning, I temp right away. Then I don't have the stress of worrying about the alarm or of waking up and them not getting the required solid sleep before temping. I'm fortunate in that My internal clock is pretty reliable because I go to work around the same time each day so it wakes me up on the weekends too but then after I temp I can roll over and get another hour of sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Learning about your CP takes a cycle or two. If you're not sure then only record what you are sure about. CP is actually best checked at roughly the same time each day as it will vary a bit throughout the day, particularly in terms of height. I tend to ditch that aspect a lot of time unless it is really obviously high or low and just focus on opening and firmness as I know pretty well what firm, soft, open and closed are for me and hence, what is in between. When you are fully fertile, you'll know when you feel it. :-)

    I am the same with temping. Even after all this time. That's the reason I don't start until just before I am due to ovulate and probably from now on, will only do it until FF confirms it. Sleep gets to disrupted otherwise!

    ReplyDelete