Monday 21 May 2012

CD 4 - Roller Coaster Weekend

I have had a very long weekend filled with an emotional roller coaster ride.  It all started with a stressful day at work on Friday.  Friday's at work for me are always a very busy day.  That is the day that all of my financial reports are due for work to be reviewed by the president.  Everyone else in my office gets to enjoy a Friday afternoon and look forward to the weekend, but I never do.  So anyways Friday was not going well for me, just felt like I was running out of time all day long.  Then at 5pm, when I was leaving work for the weekend I decided to check my facebook quickly as I walked to my vehicle. And what do I see... my cousin announces her pregnancy (12 weeks, 3 days).  I was happy for her, but for some reason I was so upset and had a few tears.  I felt like whoa hey isn't it my turn, she already has a little boy.  I know I shouldn't feel like that, but it is hard to see others get pregnant and not me.  I thought for sure that we timed it perfectly last cycle, but obviously it didn't work for us.

When I got home from work, my husband had a really good supper (pork tenderloin) ready on the table.  So we ate dinner and sat down to watch some tv together.  We decided to go to Toronto Saturday morning for some shopping so we went to bed early Friday so that we could get up really early to drive to Toronto.  At this point I was still only spotting very little before we went to bed that night.  Later that night, the AF cramps came so quickly and painful i couldn't sleep.  I tossed and turned for an hour then got up.  I find that if I sit up on the couch sometimes it relieves some of the pain, but that was no working.  Then I had the hottest bath ever and had some advil then got some sleep.  So that was how my Friday night went.  Then came Saturday morning... we did not leave early for Toronto since I was up all night, I slept in late.   On Saturday the temperature was supposed to be around 30 degrees C, so for the first time this year, I needed to take out my summer clothes.  That was a bad idea.

Last summer I got married so I worked out like crazy, had soccer twice a week, and baseball twice a week, and was on the treadmill everyday, so I obviously lost weight and was a size 6-8.  After a full time job and school work all winter and spring... I am no longer a size 6-8.  I am more like a 10 (tight) now.  So trying to fit into my summer clothes from last summer was very depressing.  I knew that I have been slacking in the workouts (more like not doing them at all), and eating un healthy, but I didn't realize how much my weight had changed until I tried on my summer clothes.  It took me about 2 hours to get dressed Saturday morning, and of course every outfit I tried on I would ask my husband if it made me look fat, and he would say no, but I knew he was lying.  So i ended up wearing black yoga pants (sweat pants capris) and a black long sleeve shirt.  Then we drove to Toronto, we always decided that since it took my so long to get dressed that we would get a hotel room in Toronto for the night because I hate to drive at night.  When we got to Toronto it was sooo hot, and me dressed in all black was even hotter.  So I decided to try on shorts and tank tops so that I could change.  That didn't not go well either.  Nothing was fitting well.  So we went into Lulu Lemon and I spent $150 on 1 workout tank top, a pair or shots and a headband.  That was all I bought that weekend pretty much.  We decided to go to Red Lobester for dinner.  I never drink, but i decided to order a Mango Mai tia, or whatever it is called, and I ate shrimp.

Well today is my first day of soccer practice and I am excited to start my workout for the summer.   Shoot, this post was long and now I am running late, lol.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you had such a crappy weekend - hope this week is better for you! Keep your chin up high, get back working out & it will make you feel better! Best of Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank :) I just got back from soccer, and it feels so good to be working out again. It was also about +30 degrees C here today too, so I had a great workout. I am excited to start working out again, I hope it doesn't mess up my TTC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, sorry you had such a bad weekend :( Fingers crossed the next cycle is the ONE!

    ReplyDelete