Wednesday 27 June 2012

Pass the salt please

I had a good day today.  Felt great all day, and not once did I feel sick.  I think I finally figured out the right foods to eat.  Since middle last week, I have been having Mr. Noodles for lunch almost everyday because it makes me feel full and I can keep it down so I am stinking with the same food.  As well, as soon as I get up I have to get up out of bed and eat breakfast right away.  Breakfast has been 12 grain bagel with cream cheese.  Another thing that I have been eating quite a few of is pickles.  I don't know if it's a craving or just that it seems to be the only thing that doesn't leave a gross taste in my mouth after eating it.

So with the 4-6 pickles a day plus the Mr. Noodles, I realized there is a heck of a lot of sodium in my daily meals which for me means bloating and weight gain.  I have slowly put on weight (around 8-10 pounds) since the winter and I have always sucked in my stomach.  I do that everyday all day when I am out of my house.  Now, it kinds hurts when I suck in my stomach all day.  I am feeling cramps when I do that.  It is way too early to have a baby bump, but thats what this extra weight is looking like if I don't suck it in.

So my goal for the next week is to try out some different foods that contain less sodium and look for some good workout DVDs.  I am trying to find a good yoga one.

As for pregnancy symptoms, I have been feeling a lot better when it comes to the morning sickness.  As long as I make sure that I eat something every hour and a half at least.  Another thing is my back.  I find myself rubbing my lower back throughout the day while I'm at work.  Well thats pretty much it for this week.  Time is going by way too slow.

2 comments:

  1. It may not just be the salt. Hormones are good for fluid retention and bloat too. It's often worse at the end of pregnancy but can start really early too. See how you go! :-)

    I hear you when it comes to that icky aftertaste thing. I remember that from last pregnancy more than the nausea. It just made everything suck. Always found it particularly bad with anything that wasn't a fruit or a vegetable and even then... Starting to come back this time but early days yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salt can certianly cause weight gain, I had a slight case of toximeia with my son and my OB at the time said it was due to my sodium intake - so def watch it as much as possible. A good Pregnancy yoga DVD will certainly help and even walking 30-45mins every night. I am right there with you, I always suck in my stomach when I am out and about but I can't do that anymore - certainly shows haha.

    ReplyDelete