Monday 11 June 2012

Quick Update. Sick as a dog.

So I had my doctors appointment last Thursday, all went well.  I should get the results back in a few weeks.  Still had my headache on Thursday as well.  Then woke up Friday morning and the headache was a little worse.  Went to work ate lots (my coworkers brought in treats for my birthday (Turned 25 on Sunday), still had the headache Friday afternoon.  Came home from work had a shower and went to bed. I took 2 advil during the day as well.  We order delivery for supper Friday night, I had a panzerotti and right away I knew it wasn't selting right in my stomach.  Soon after then when we went to bed, I puked up my dinner.  Sorry for the TMI.  Still had the headache as well.  Woke up Saturday morning and puked right away.  It was a good thing I have a garbage right beside my bed.  Was sick all day Saturday, and Sunday.  Everything I tried to eat, it was not sitting well.  I even tried Pepto, that didn't work.  Then Today (Monday) I called in sick for work.  All I ate all weekend was maybe 4 soda crackers, apple sause, a freeze, and some potatoes.

So now that I have a doctor, who is a family doctor and gynecologist as well, I called and was able to get an appointment today.  My headache, turned out to be a migraine.  I knew that my headache was more painful then usual but didn't think anything of it.  This is my first migraine ever, and my body just wasn't able or strong enough to help with the migraine, which is why I was puking.  The doctor seemed more concerned that I had a migraine for 5 days, then the puking non stop since Friday night.  I guess it makes sense since the migraine was causing the puking.  He gave a prescription for something to relieve the migraine.  He then sent me to get a CT scan for my head just to make sure there is nothing wrong.  I have the CT scan next Monday.

I am currently 7DPO and and have been having a hard time sleeping.  My lower back on the left side is sore, and I can no longer sleep on it.  I have not been taking my temp this weekend since I have not been getting proper sleep.  DH thinks my being sick is morning sickness and thinks I am pregnant.  But I am not sure.  I did manage to eat a whole Tim Horton's chicken noodle soup for supper today, which is pretty good for me.  My husband is departing work overseas this Sunday.  Sunday is Father's day and also 13 DPO. I would love to get up Sunday take a test and get a BFP, then we can go for a nice lunch and celebrate before I drop him off at the airport at 4pm.  Just have to wait until Sunday now.

3 comments:

  1. Oh you poor thing! Migraines can be pretty intense and last a long time. My mothers used to get them for a week at a time and the vomiting is also quite normal. I've fortunately, only ever had the one and it passed within 24 hours. Hope you are feeling better quickly! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Migraines are the w-o-r-s-t!!! I have only suffered from a few but they were horrendous. This is going to sound a little crazy but I changed two things in my life and I haven't had one in probably 5 years - I never chew gum anymore (apparently it causes tension in your jaw which leads to headaches) and I drink TONS of water. At LEAST 2 litres a day, sometimes more like 4 litres. I still get headaches occasionally but not messy, smack down, nauseating, can't move but can't stay still migraines.

    Hope you feel better very soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely hate migraines - I used to get them all the time when I was younger. I still get one occasionally - be care with those, they could be possible pregnancy symptoms - You should go read my blog...

    Hope this is your month girl! That would be amazing Father's Day news!!

    ReplyDelete