Saturday 2 June 2012

OPK Twice a Day?

Today is CD 16 and temp is still very low 96.8 this morning.  I did some more research about Preseed last night and read that women put the preseed in about 30 minutes prior to sex.  This I did not know I was supposed to do.  So we waited about 30-40 minutes until BD, and DH was still not able to finish.  BD was just not working out for us last night so we gave up.  :( I know that sperm can last for 3 days, but part of me just doesn't have faith in 3 day old sperm.  I realize that there is a lot of pressure to BD on a schedule, but if it doesn't work for us this cycle, then we have to wait again until August to try again.  I am a very impatient/determined person so this waiting and not being able to do anything is starting to get to me.

I took another OPK this morning and it was negative, but... the line was a little darker than yesterday, but how much longer can my temps stay this low?  Should I use an OPK twice a day?  If I only take one in the morning, is it possible that I could miss the LH surge in the afternoon or at night?  I think I might use one around supper time today and see what is shows.

I am trying really hard not to "obsess" about TTC, but all I can think about is babies and BD.  DH and I are our own best friends, we do everything together.  When he is gone overseas for work, I miss him so much that when he is home we spend all of our time together and usually alone.  We rarely go out, so my mind never leaves TTC.  We have a friend's stag and doe party tonight and I am looking forward to going out and seeing some friends, we both need a break.  Since only a few people know we are TTC (and no one at the party tonight knows) it will be a good for us to clear our minds of TTC and have fun.

Any ides on how I can reduce the stress of TTC and get my mind off of it?  Maybe I will learn how to sew or something?

3 comments:

  1. Ditch the pre-seed if it isn't working for you. Sperm in with less ideal CM is better than no sperm at all. I can echo your sentiments about three days old sperm too. Although the literature says it is possible for them to live up to a week, 2-3 days is about average and going through the FF chart gallery, most seem to conceive within two days of ovulation.

    As for the OPK issue...it really depends on your body. Unfortunately, we spent long enough TTC our first that I can tell you that for me, I only ever need to do it once per day and it doesn't matter whether I use FMU or wait until my second pee, the outcome is still the same. If I haven't had a good positive, then I just need to keep waiting because it will come.

    You are only CD16. Last cycle you ovulated on CD20. A LOT can change in the space of four days and if the OPK is still gradually getting darker then I'd keep doing one (or two if it would make you feel more in informed) each day until it either goes positve or you see that clear thermal shift. In terms of BD, every second day will do the job. Worst case you have sperm in day before, you have sperm in day after and as it is impossible to pinpoint when you ovulate, the day after may even just be within hours of when you actually popped that egg if that makes sense.

    The thing with temping is that it is a retrospective tool. It is used more to confirm that ovulation HAS happened rather than it being about to happen. (Unless you've got look some super cool textbook chart). That is the reason why it is used with OPKs and CM and CP observations. Stick with the plan, BD every second day, take your temps, pee on OPKs and see what happens.

    Reducing stress with TTC? I don't really know many ladies who can keep their head clear...particularly if they end up doing it over the long term. The year I did with my first was long enough and I think what I've taken from that is to just live life until it happens. Drink alcohol, eat soft cheeses, work out til you spew, book your holidays, make plans etc. You lose these things for long enough when you do get pregnant and for the first year or so after the baby is born. It really isn't worth sacrificing everything for longer than needed, especially when it will serve to do is remind you of TTC.

    When I finally got to the stage where it was just too intense, I found that just making plans and doing the things I love made a world of difference. That and as odd as it sounds, I had great success with hypnotherapy... until the cycle I fell pregnant and suddenly it wasn't working and I couldn't work out why..til I POAS and got a very faint not so fat BFP. :-)

    TTC can be a really consuming thing. It is different after your first because there just isn't the time in the day to think about it all the time. It also helps that the nest isn't empty too IYKIM.

    Anyway, I'm rambling. Wish I could give you a real big hug!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, you answered all my questions. :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with ^^^ Her! :) Haha - she pretty much said everything I was going to say! ::BEST OF LUCK THIS CYCLE::

    ReplyDelete