Sunday 17 June 2012

And He's Off... :(

Today was harder than most Goodbye Days.  When I dropped my husband off at the airport today it was harder to say bye than the usual.  I am so scared to do this all on my own for 6 weeks.  With him being gone, it's all up to me now to keep our baby healthy now.  Part of me is super excited, but part of me feels like I am not pregnant.  I do not want to get my hopes up until I hear a heartbeat.  I have not been keeping track of my temps because they were low for a few days and it just stressed me out.  I still take my temp some mornings when I feel like I slept enough and it is around 97.7 which is low for me. Also my cervix has been low/medium and medium/hard this last week.  Should it not be high and soft?

On another note, had my first soccer game of this season tonight (it was pouring rain) and got a soccer ball in the gut!  I instantly put my hands on my stomach and I was scared.  No one knows im pregnant but after that I talked to another player who was pregnant during last season.  She found out she was pregnant when she was 7 weeks along and continued to play until she was around 10 weeks.  I am going to try to play for a few more weeks unless my doctor says not to.

I will be taking another test tomorrow morning (FRER) to see if the line is any darker.  Should it be darker after 2 days?  I guess I will find out tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I thnk you should ask your Doctor if you should continue to play soccer before you play another game, I can see some definite dangers doing this. Especially so early in pregnancy - not to scare you. Ask him or her what they think is best. Personally, I wouldn't. Don't worry - I have taken about 8 tests since I have found out just to make sure that lines are staying dark. I won't feel "safe" until 14 weeks - got another 9 weeks of worrying! Not looking forward to it. {Mixed emotions}. You should def have a darker line since your hCG increases every day! I'm sorry that your hubby is gone for 6 weeks, but he will be surprised when he gets home! You'll probably have a little baby bump by then!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested to see what your dr recommends. I'd personally cut the soccer and trade it for some light exercise.
    If you want to continue I think you should, just make sure that you stay hydrated, watch your temperature and don't exert yourself too much! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh Steph, stop stressing yourself out chickie. Your temps are fine. 97.7 is perfectly fine because it is WELL above your coverline. When you look at your chart you need to disregard pretty well everything before CD9 because that is all carry over from AF where your hormones are all going a bit nuts and reset mode. Most people have much higher temps during AF. If your temp drops down to 97.1 or something of the sort, then you can start to worry but not a moment before.

    As for your cervix, it will change. The important thing you want to note is that it is CLOSED. So long as it is closed, it is all ok. Mine goes up and down and back and forth and swollen and not. The two things I look for are whether it is closed and whether there is evidence of spotting. If neither is there then it is all ok.

    As for your soccer games... It really depends on individual doctor recommendations. Most will say that it is absolutely fine to continue doing whatever exercise you've been doing prior to pregnancy so long as it isn't exceptionally violent and likely to result in abdominal trauma. Some doctors like patients to restrict their heart rate to less than 140 bpm. The idea behind this is that is prevents you going into an anaerobic state and hence, no risk of deprivation to the foetus. My PT keeps me at 150bpm or less as a blanket rule for all preggo clients.

    Testing every second day should yield either the same or slightly darker result. Again don't stress too hard about what you see on pee sticks because it will depend on how concetrated your urine is and how well your body is metabolising HCG. The darkness of a test can change throughout the day. For me I know my best pee is afternoon pee. FMU yields the lightest result.

    The first trimester is a long one. Pregnancy hormones can induce crazy amounts of paranoia and the first few weeks until symtpoms really ramp up can be quite difficult. At the moment, everything you've said shows that your pregnancy is fine. FWIW, your pee test is much darker than mine was at 11DPO...for both my pregnancies. LOL!

    ReplyDelete