Wednesday 7 March 2012

SMEP?

I was just checking out some new threads on the BabyandBump site and noticed a conversation about "SMEP".  This is the first I have ever heard of this so I thought I would write it down as a reminder to try this plan in a few months when we TTC again.  Basically SMEP which stands for Sperm Meets Egg Plan.  Here is a quick breakdown of the plan:



- "Try" every other night starting Day 8 
- Buy 10 ovulation predictor kit sticks 
- Begin ovulation testing on Day 10 
- When test is positive, "try" that night, plus two additional nights in a row 
- Skip one night, then do one last "try" 
- Take a home pregnancy test 15 days after your ovulation test was positive, if your period has not begun 
- If your ovulation test never goes positive, continue "trying" every other night until Day 35, then do a pregnancy test if your period has not begun. 


Apparently it has good success rate for TTC after a miscarriage.  I have not had a miscarriage and neither have some of the people that were talking about it have.  But a few people are going to try it during the month of March, and I am curious to see if it works for them.  


I learn something new everyday and loving it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment