Thursday 24 January 2013

35 Week Ultrasound

35 weeks YAY!!  Had my midwife appointment on tuesday this week and she wasn't sure if he was still breech or not so she sent me for an ultrasound to confirm baby's position.  If he is breech she would need to schedule a c-section.  At my midwife appointments I pee on a stick everytime to test for a bunch of stuff, usually the lins turn pink/light red, well this time it was bright purple.  I knew something was up right away.  So of course I was freaking out as I had to stare at this stick for 15 minutes until she was ready for my appointment.

So when she was ready for me, I asked right away about the colour of the stick.  Yup something in my urine.  The tests are used to tell if there is "something" in the urine that should not be there.  So I had to go to the hospital for one of their urine tests as they are more accurate and can tell exactly what it is.  Should know more next week.

Then, I had my ultrasound tonight.  Baby Mason is for sure breech.  Moving alot just not into the right position.  The ultrasound tech said I was measuring 35 weeks 5 days, so a week ahead and the baby is around 5 pounds 15 ounches.  He is going to be huge!

So about C-sections, I have read that they are scheduled to be before your due date, which means Mason could be here in like 3 weeks! Crazy!  I am nervous about the surgery part.  Although I am aware that he can turn, I am trying to prepare myself for the fear of the c-section.

1 comment:

  1. Dang - where have I been! The time has surely flown by, I know this post is a little older - did you have your precious baby boy yet? Hope things are going well for you hon! Can't wait to read & hear your updates!! :)

    ReplyDelete