Sunday 15 April 2012

CD 1 - How can I delay O

So today is CD 1, and according to my cycle trend, i should be ovulating on April 30.  DH was scheduled to be back home on April 28, which would have worked out perfectly, but now he has been delayed a few days and wont be home until May 3 or 4.  Is there any natural ways to delay ovulation?  It just seems not fair to miss ovulation by only 1 day :(  DH will leave again for work around middle  to end of June, so  we can try next cycle i guess, but if that doesn't work then we wait until September.  The wait in between is just so long.

On another note, I started a new workout routine today.  The Insanity Workout, it is a DVD collection.  I might start a blog about how it goes and to keep track to help pass time from TTC.  I also want to take a picture of myself and to update so that I can see the changes and use it as motivation to keep workout out. How much can I workout when I do get pregnant?

5 comments:

  1. Great blog! I found you from babyandbump.com :) I just created my TTC blog tonight - please check it out: http://eggmeetsperm.blogspot.com/

    I plan on doing YouTube Vlogs as well - we are going to start TTC in July/August so I am mainly posting about prepping for TTC right now. Hope to see you there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There aren't any natural ways to delay ovulation. You don't really want to be popping eggs late though anyway as it the quality of the egg diminishes quite a lot. While there are plenty of women who do conceive with delayed ovulation (due to dysfunction) it often takes many months (or years) and there is a much higher risk of miscarriage. Honestly, in the greater scheme of things, missing one cycle isn't going to hurt.

    As for exercise during pregnancy, if your pregnancy is a healthy one, then you can continue doing everything you were doing comfortably prior to falling pregnant. There are a few things you won't be able to do/continue e.g. anything lying down after your first trimester. However, for the most part, so long as your pregnancy is healthy, you were doing the desired intensity prior to pregnancy and you are feeling comfortable then there is nothing stopping you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the only way to delay AF is to take bc pills, but it's not worth doing that just for a few days, hopefully ovulation may come a couple of days later.

    Maybe we can be cycle buddies this month, I'm on day cd2 of my first clomid round, so should ovulate between 30th April and 5th May.

    Fingers crossed for us both

    ReplyDelete
  4. How does clomid work? and what does it do?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clomid is an ovulation induction agent. Use primarily for folks who don't ovulate or have problems with ovulations e.g. delayed and incomplete. It is also used to throw a few extra eggs in the basket when a couple has been TTC >12months after fertility testing has been undertaken.

    ReplyDelete