Thursday 21 February 2013

39 Weeks

1 week from today baby Mason will be here!! I am so freaking excited.  This is just a quite update on how this week has gone so far.  We had a midwife appointment on Tuesday and the midwife suggested that we go in for a non stress test this weekend or early next week just to check on things.  I mentioned that I am starting to panic a little so I think she wants to do the test to calm my nerves.  Since baby is still breech and has been for so long now, I am getting worried that he will have hip problems.  Yes, I have been googling, once again, and it scared me.  So she suggested the NST just to be safe.  As well since it will be during the day, maybe we could have a c-section early if the OB was there and it was a slow day.

On Wednesday, my mom and I decided to go for a nice walk outside.  We went over the the ski hill and started walking down the hiking trail.  Keep in mind that it is winter here and lots of snow.  We assumed that the trail would go to the bottom of the hill and we would call my husband to pick us up near the road.  Well, after 45 minutes of walking down the hiking trail, we realized that the trail didn`t actually go all the way to the road, it turns and heads back up the hill.  Well... holy crap was the walk up the hill ever hard on a 9 month pregnant women.  I had to stop quite a bit and breathe through the braxton hicks contractions.  Also, we ended up laughing about the whole thing and... yup... I peed my pants while on the trail! lol  Luckily I was wearing black pants and my bladder wasn`t too full.  I was in so much pain when we finally made it back home, I could barely move the rest of the day and night.  Then again last night we went for a walk, and I was feeling lots of pressure down below again, I kept having to stop, bend over and take a deep breathe. This morning when I woke up, I was helping my husband get ready to go out of town for the day and all of a sudden I puked in the driveway, and just couldn`t stop.  Its been a bit since I got that sick, so I am thinking that maybe this baby will be coming sooner than next Thursday.

Hopefully my next post is about the birth of our son. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love hiking! We have some great trails nearby, but they will most definitely be too steep at 39 weeks!

    I hope you feel better before you have your little one! How terrible to be sick and trying to enjoy those first few moments! I'm so excited for you, you are so close! I am looking forward to your first post after having Mason! <3

    ReplyDelete