Tuesday 18 September 2012

16/17 Week Update

My very first ultrasound is in 2 weeks, on October 1.  Unfortunately my husband is still away for work and will not be there with me, but I am still very excited!  At first we did not want to find out the sex of the baby, but lately the more I think about it, we both DO want to find out the sex of the baby.  They say that the mother usually has a gut feeling of what she is having, but me... not a clue.  The only thing I am feeling is that it is TWINS!  That is my gut feeling.  I am very excited to find out the gender of our baby.  Right now, I am have been calling the baby "he" when I talk about it.  But I don't know if that's because I think it's a boy or because part of me is wanting a girl but I don't want to jinx it.  We will find out October 1st!

I am finally having more energy these day and I love it.  I bought some prenatal yoga dvds online and I finally had energy to try them out.  Man am I out of shape! lol.  I couldn't even finish half the workout.  I was tired right away.  I usually work out often, I am always in sports but I have been so... lazy the last few months.  But the stretches in the yoga killed me! I was so sore the next day after the workout.

OMG! so I wanted to blog about how I think I am finally feeling the baby move inside of me (first time last night at bed time) I forgot until now, when I felt it again as I am typing! Holy Cow it is so neat!  This is my first pregnancy so I could be wrong.  But this is what it feels like... little bubble popping.  I just ate a piece of chocolate (Toblerone bar) about 15 mins ago.  I am taking that as a sign that the baby likes chocolate so I should eat more! lol.  Is 16/17 weeks too early to feel that? Am I going crazy?

Weight Gain:   So far as of today, my total weight gain is 4 pounds!! I am so happy that the scale is going up finally.  In the morning, I dont look pregnant at all, but at the end of the day I sure do.  I am only comfortable in my maternity pants or my size up pants from a few years ago before I lost weight.

Symptoms:  Hiccups all the time!  Puke free for 1.5 weeks! YAY!

I am currently using BioOil every night on my belly which seems to helps with the itchiness.  Another thing I noticed recently is pain in my belly.  I usually sit on my couch sideways and have the laptop on the spot beside me and I hunch over and to type and what not, but now i get a pain in my side belly area.  Kind of a pulling feeling, not too sure what it is.

I am very happy that I am now enjoying my pregnancy.  I just wish that my husband/best friend was here to enjoy it with me and share my cravings, because we both know he would love that lol.  :)


6 comments:

  1. Love your uodate so glad all is going well, i started feeling the bubbles feeling around that time too and then last week was flicks,you sound as if you are blooming not long now to the us it will go so fast and you will soon be half way through such an amazing feeling having that littlelife inside of us<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting! Love that you can feel it. I'm just now starting to feel my little one too... Your ultra sound will be here in no time. Enjoy it, it's such an incredible thing to see your baby and all it's little parts for the first time and to have some tangible evidence that it's really in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your scan pics and find out what you are having. Good that your feeling a lot better and getting some exercise in too. Can't wait to get to your stage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you tell me about the yoga videos you bought? I have been looking for a place to take prenatal yoga classes and none of them are convenient... my hot yoga place (Moksha) I went to pre-pregnancy offers them but not consistently, plus it's expensive! Would love to know which videos you went with and if you like them! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yoga DVD's that I bought are Jennifer Wolfe's Prenatal Vinyassa Yoga and Shiva Rea's Prenatal Yoga. I have only tried the jennifer wolfe dvd so far. Both had good reviews online. Now that I have a little more energy I will try them again and do a post about them. Sorry for the late post.

      Delete
    2. Thanks - better late than never! I downloaded the Jennifer Lux Prenatal Vinyasa Flow from this website on the weekend http://www.yogadownload.com/Classes/ViewClasses/tabid/69/catid/20/ViewClasses.aspx and its pretty good. It was $6.99. When I get bored I'll order one of the ones you suggested, I also read really positive reviews on the Shiva Rea video. Thanks again.

      Delete