Thursday 13 September 2012

Diclectin

We had our first midwife appointment last week, and it went awesome!  I love having a midwife, she took her time and explained everything.  She also gave me a prescription for Diclectin, which is for morning sickness and nausea for pregnant women.  I took the first pill Saturday afternoon, then another 2 before bed and I slept great that night.  I even slept in until 10am, then I woke up made french toast then went back to bed.  I slept most of the day and the next.  I have no got sick at all since last week! I am finally keeping all my meals down and gaining weight.  Diclectin works great, only bad thing is that it makes me very sleepy.

Also, I can finally eat salad again.  That makes me happy because I was worried that i was going to be eating unhealthy for 9 months.

My first ultrasound is booked for October 1, and at that time I will be around 18 weeks.  I wonder if they can tell if we are having a boy or girl at that time.  At least I will know if there is one or two growing inside me at that time.  We also have a 3D ultrasound booked out of town for November 24, which is when my husband will be back home.  He left for work last Sunday and is due back home around the first week of November.

I have become less stressed out about the pregnancy since I can find the baby's heartrate every other day now.  I love having a home doppler, best investment so far.

2 more weeks until I can see our baby for the first time!!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree - I love my doppler & it is certainly a wonderful investment! I just had my ultrasound on Thursday at 18w0d and they could VERY EASILY see that Baby H was a BOY! <3 So I am sure you won't have any problems finding out when you go next month!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats great news! it also gives me hope that I might know what I am having in 2 weeks from today :)

      Delete